Monday, June 25, 2012

Family, Friends, and New Beginnings

This past week has been filled with family, friends, and new beginnings.

We were lucky enough to start our Monday with our 7 year anniversary, and dinner with some wonderful friends from church.  It was a great time of fellowship and getting to know each other.  They have a precious little boy, so Copeland was happy to play and keep him busy while the adults finished up dinner.  It was definitely a fun evening!

Tuesday C and I made our way towards Atlanta to enjoy lunch with my daddy at work.  We try to make it down there during summer break so that he can see where his G works and meet all the people who hear stories about him daily.  This time was one of the best visits, as C decided it was okay to follow G and talk to everyone he came in contact with.  That is a big deal :).  We enjoyed some Chick-fil-A and hanging out with G before he had to head off to do another surgery!
Wednesday was a very eventful day for us.  Copeland and I met up with one of his friends from karate and they had the best time playing at Catch Air.  I love going to that place because there is plenty to keep C active, and he seems to want to play for hours.  The boys had a blast, and I enjoyed getting to know his little friends mom.  We see each other at karate and have carried on the polite "hey" or "how are you", but it was so nice to sit down and find out each other's story.  I see plenty of other play dates in the near future!  I know that we all had a fun time. Amazingly enough my little guy still had enough energy to head to karate that afternoon as well.  We were really happy that Gammie was able to come and watch him practice for the first time. 





As always, Wednesday is also "family dinner night."  We had a great time catching up with my side of the family on what the week had already had in store for them, as well as what was yet to come.  I can honestly say that Wednesday's are my favorite dinner nights, not only because we all take turns cooking for the group, but we also take the time to relax and enjoy each others company.  There are just too many nights it seems easier to sit in front of the TV, or feed each other dinner as we have time the other weeknights.  This past week my mom was the cook and we enjoyed pork with a blueberry sauce she made from the fresh blueberries picked from my Papaw's house. 

Thursday was a pretty chill day, but we added a little excitement to it by picking up our friend Betsy and heading to grab some frozen yogurt before karate.  Copeland was very excited about this because he had asked Betsy the week before if she would come and watch him one night at karate.  She gladly accepted his request and seemed to really enjoy watching how fast pace and fun karate class could really be.  I must say C was showing off a little bit more knowing he was the one that invited her to join us :).

Friday and Saturday were centered around my best friend Tara's wedding.  Adam and I were able to hit the road pretty early Friday afternoon to make our way to Byron, GA.  That night we enjoyed a good meal and getting to know the grooms family.  Saturday morning seemed to come pretty early the next morning, and it was a running start for getting our hair done and driving to the venue!  Coffee was our friend that day!!  There was plenty to keep us on our toes as we got ready, and I can honestly say there was never a dull moment.  The wedding was beautiful, the bride was even more beautiful, and the happy couple are enjoying their honeymoon as I type. 

Whew...what a whirlwind of a week, but we enjoyed every minute of it.  I truly enjoy the summer months and getting to have some downtime with my family and friends.  I feel each day we are making stronger friendships with those we meet, and making the most of life and its new beginnings that God puts in place.  Thankful is the only word that comes to mind right now!

No comments: