Friday, June 15, 2012

Goal Setting

God is definitely encouraging me through different things today to work on my goal of becoming a 31 woman.  The first sign I received was while I was up at my Papaw's house for a visit.  He had pulled out some paintings that my Mamaw had bought many years ago from artist Ken Holland in Kentucky.  Every painting is based on a verse or chapter of the Bible.  Within the pictures you have to look closely to find the verse that is written as part of the picture.  As we were going through them I found a few that would be cute in the kitchen and went with our color scheme.  About halfway through my aunt pulled out another picture that would fit the kitchen theme and it was painted with Proverbs 31 in mind and the virtues of the 31 woman hidden within the picture.  The second sign of the day was while I was on Pinterest. I saw a that someone had posted a book My So Called Life as a Proverbs 31 Wife by Sara Horn.  I searched and read the reviews, then downloaded it to my Kindle immediately.  Now to trust God and see where this takes me!

While we are discussing goals, my husband has set another goal for the two of us.  He received P90X this morning and is beyond excited to begin the journey of an exercise and healthy eating program.  He actually compared his excitement as to mine and Copeland's when we were getting ready to head to Disney World a few weeks ago.  Hmmmmm.... I think it's a little different ;), but to each their own!

No comments: